Friday, March 2, 2012

End of Week One

WOW what a week it has been!! My brain is scrambled!!! Although looking back it was not as bad as I was thinking that it would be. I spent a great deal of time procrastinating and really if I have just jumped straight in on Monday morning I would of got through the week so much better. Note to self - just get straight into it next week, no mucking around.

I have completed all week 1 modules of my three courses. I started jumping around alittle from one to another but then found it much easier to just work on one at a time. I was a little worried at the start that by just working on one at a time, I would get to Friday and only have one course module completed hehe. But that didn't happen. As it is I have had plenty of time to do each module then sit back today and check that I have done everything that is required. I only have one thing left to do and that is email my Computing Skills for Uni task into my Lecturer, but I don't know who that is yet - I have seen afew other people have made similar comments on the forum regarding this so I am not alone. But I will email the course coordinator to see what I have to do.

It is really great to think that I have completed week one and survived - I am very proud of myself ! What a good start - I even wrote a poem and put it up on a forum for my classmates to see. That did stretch my comfort zones but I did it. I just hope now that I can remember all the things that I have learnt so far. My plan at this stage is to go back and reread alittle over the next weekend before I start Module or Week 2. I don't want to rush in and end up not remembering things - I'd rather go at a slow and steady pace. I have already found myself thinking about the new topics that I am learning in everyday life. And Frank (my Hubby) is eager to hear all about what I am learning - I don't know if he realises what a great support he is being by doing that. It helps me to go over it all and learn it again.

Now during the next week I need to do a few things to make my study a little easier and they are,
  • I need to organise my time better - get straight into it and not procrastinate
Actually I think that is about all I need to do hehehe I was ready for there to be a great big list of things(hence the bullet points) that I needed to do but when I really think about it - this topic covers it all. I guess I am being a little hard on myself .    

I have found the CQUni My Portal a little confusing but I think that I am getting used to it now. I just need to remember to go to Moodle for each of my courses each day and have a good look around to see what is going on. Checking emails is easy as I do that several times a day at home anyway. I do hope that I haven't missed anything. I do like the week one checklist that came with the Prep Course as it is a very valuable and useful tool to help make sure I don't forget anything - I wish one came with each course. Anyway I guess I could make my own as I work through each component of the others.

Ok as it is now 2.55pm  I am off to go and get ready for the kids coming home from school - they rush in the door with "whats for afternoon Tea" everyday. I love it! It breaks the quietness when they are not here. Mind you I must say that 'that quietness" is my study heaven. I love the peace and quiet to work. Have a great rest of the day!
 talk soon
 x joy

No comments:

Post a Comment